Welcome To Design5 Studio Online Store

Friday, August 29, 2014


Over the years, starting from its inception, my website www.design5.biz has been through many transformations…just like me. :)


It started off as a portfolio of my work during my stint as an art director, filled up with designs for corporate collaterals, Graphics, space, 3D, identity, logos et al for various clients. I used it to present my work and ideas to the world.

Later, during my 'stay-at-home-mommy-turned-freelancer' days, it became the landing spot for my blog, wherein i used to collect and write my views, likes and dislikes and ideas about up-cycling, design and home decor. It was fun!!


Soon, as my daughter grew up a little and like many other women my age, i also found some spare time in hand. I began trying my hand at my old hobby of painting, and making stuff out of paper & up-cycling things. I also re-started my decoupage work which used to be my favourite way to earn a pocket money during college days. My daughter also loved giving mommy a hand in painting. You should have seen her with those big painting brushes in her tiny lil hands!! it was adorable :)









Decoupage gave me a chance to do many things at the same time…one, i could upcycle things lying around at home and make them look pretty & useful again { some even became beautiful gifts for family and friends!}. Then began the silsila of friends of friends asking for similar stuff designed by me and so on and so forth. :)


I put in some serious thought and came up a few designs of keepsake boxes, trays and coasters for some friends. They loved it and everything got sold off within a few days. And the best part was that i got paid for something i loved doing!!

So, in 2006, www.design5.biz moulded into another new avatar which was to showcase my hand made decoupaged products designed by me. 

Until now.

On August 28th, 2014 my website transformed into my very first attempt at an online store. Yes, my products are now sold online at my very own e-store. You can buy all your favourite Design5 trays and boxes directly from me now :)





I had designed many website as a designer for others, but this time around I was the client. And believe me it took much longer to please myself with the final product. I'm a perfectionist to the core!! I changed the design so many times before stopping at what you see online now. This was all my own doing…right from the photography, writing all the content, planning the promotions etc etc - just me working at it one day at a time.

I am finally sharing it with all of you here…go have a look :)



the journey continues...






..................................................................................................................................
You can view my work and all the latest updates at
:: Pinterest :: Facebook :: Twitter :: Instagram
.................................................................................................................................. 








You Might Also Like

0 reactions

Follow