NAVjeevanRANG :: White

NAVjeevanRANG :: White

If you have been following my blog, then you would know that my studio, Design5, is going to be a part of the upcoming Red Earth Design Mela 2014.

 This year the theme is Navrang. I have used this theme to unveil my new collection which is inspired by some famous and some not so famous Indian folk arts. I've taken four routes- Jamini Roy, Pichwai Art, Phad Art and Gond Art for my designs. These four routes have been re-grouped under NINE beautiful colours. The designs will be based solely on the most repeated patterns, motifs and styles used in these varied art forms. I've tried to simplify, dissect and interpret them with my own twist. 

Starting from today, that is exactly nine days from the mela, I will post a mood board based on each of the nine colors that I have chosen for my upcoming collection...and on the last day I will unveil the collection to all of you. Love the mystery part!! :)

So, today, I am introducing the first color...White.


White, an inherently positive color, is associated with purity, virginity, innocence, light, goodness, heaven, safety, brilliance, illumination, understanding, cleanliness, faith, beginnings, sterility, spirituality, possibility, humility, sincerity, protection, softness, and perfection.

The color white can represent a successful beginning. In heraldry, white depicts faith and purity. As the opposite of black, movies, books, print media, and television typically depict the good guy in white and the bad guy in black.


The color of snow, white is often used to represent coolness and simplicity. White’s association with cleanliness and sterility is often seen in hospitals, medical centers, and laboratories to communicate safety. The color white is also associated with low-fat foods and dairy products.






..................................................................................................................................
You can view my work and all the latest updates at
:: Pinterest :: Facebook :: Twitter :: Instagram
.................................................................................................................................. 








Design5 Studio

Exclusively Designed & Hand Painted Decoupaged Wooden Home Decor Accessories, Wooden Bags & Clutches, Handcrafted Fashion Jewellery and Hand-painted & Upcycled Furniture Pieces.When you buy a product directly from me, you can also get an opportunity of getting a unique customized, one of a kind product, made especially for you or your loved ones!! At Design5, i love doing customized decoupaged products and always happy to work on something new and exciting. please feel free to contact me with any enquiries or comments, or just to say hello. i'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Instagram