DIY :: PET BOTTLE MAKEOVER-UPcycling IdeasMonday, February 03, 2014
But what if, with some creative thinking, you could make 2-5 bracelets per bottle? That means that you can have a wide variety of bracelets to wear all year round. You could make them to match every single outfit of yours. How’s that for an amazing idea?
With a PET bottle, some ribbons and a whole lot of imagination, you can make a beautiful bracelet, which can double as a last minute handmade Valentine’s Day gift too! (Take note of this DIY, boys)
I used two different bracelets, but you can make as many as you like, in various widths. I have used ribbons, as they are easier to handle. But you can use other fabrics also, cut into strips.
. Plastic bottle (PET bottle)
. Fabric Strips/ribbons
. Cutter (paper knife)
. If desired, sequins, buttons, ribbons, beads etc
- Carefully cut the PET bottle with the paper cutter. If you feel its too hard then you can try n heat the paper cutter slightly over a candle. Use a hard, solid surface for cutting.
- Cut off the rough edges with a scissor. You can decide how wide you want your bracelets. You can get 2-4 bracelets out of one bottle’s mid section.
- Now, take some Fevicol and cover your entire bracelet surface with the help of a brush.
- Start wrapping the fabric strip/ribbon of your choice around the cut bracelets. Try and keep the ribbon slightly diagonal, so that every layer keeps covering the previous layers edge from one side.
- When you reach back to your starting point, cut the ribbon and stick it with a drop of glue. It will take a few minutes to dry properly, so patience is very important here.
- Once the glue has dried up, you can decide whether you want to keep your bracelets simple or if you want to jazz them up with glitter, beads, mirrors etc. And done!
- With the two options I made, I decorated only one with some pink ribbon roses...