Good Finds :: Food At Cafe Lota

Friday, January 03, 2014



I'm not a food blogger. Other than my basic knowledge of cooking at home for my family of three, i can't claim to any knowledge of the minute nuances of cooking.  I don't use big words like those food critics to describe a new dish i ate. All i know about good food is, if it makes me smile, as soon as it hits my quite-ordinary-but-adventurous-taste-buds and is able to leave good memories...I love it!! :)

For me good food is connected to good memories...a good cup of tea while chatting up with my friends on the street behind my college. Or a memory of my nani's kitchen, where she served hot, yummy food during vacations which was delicious, always healthy, to give us enough energy to hang from those lovely shady trees in her garden to collect seemingly unlimited supplies of mangoes, shehtoot (mulberries), jamun and guavas. Or very recently, food cooked by my husband {his latest passion, after advertising of course! :)} and shared by the family over long conversations. His Fish Curry has become my daughter's favourite dish on weekends.  It makes her go "mmmmmm" :)

But to get this kind of a personal experience from eating out is quite rare. While the popular and big restaurants feel cold and methodical to me, the local and smaller joints don't quite impress on the quality of food and presentation. 

I hope you would remember about me raving about Sonapani here and here in my blog before also. Sonapani has become synonymous to friends, fun and food for me. So when i heard that our friends from the beautiful estate in Sonapani, in Almora had started Cafe Lota in Delhi at the Crafts Museum...i just had to go!! 


The ambience is fantastic owing to the Crafts museum, quiet and simple. But the food was awesome! :) We were in no hurry, so we kept ordering one dish after another while tasting the ones on our table in a very relaxed mood. We ate a LOT and really enjoyed every course. I will not go into the details of the taste, presentation and styling of the dishes as i am no expert here but it was a happy experience for me. It was all very back-to-the-basics kinda food, presented in a very contemporary manner. No wonder we over ate :P

 




















It was all good but the Apple Cinnamon Jalebi would get our vote for being the best of them all. Do try it if you are in Delhi at Cafe Lota.




..................................................................................................................................
You can view my work and all the latest updates at
:: Pinterest :: Facebook :: Twitter :: Instagram
.................................................................................................................................. 

You Might Also Like

0 reactions

Follow