Home Decor :: Upcycling Furniture With Paint and Paper

Monday, September 02, 2013


When ever the weather starts to change, i get this itch in my head. yes, my head. to change. something. and the most 'changeable' space in house is my living room. It has a lot of options to satisfy my itch to redecorate, reupholster...move around pieces, add color or take a few things out sometimes.
But my budget doesn't always allow me to cater to all my whims and fancies. At such times, my creative left brain saves the day for me. I have learnt to work around things, make do as they call it. But i also make every single penny count and have a ball while doing it!! :)
There's a lot of wear & tear from everyday usage, that effects the look of your old furniture. Hiring a painter/carpenter to shine it up again costs a bomb. SO, why not do something where you can have your cake and eat it too :) 
Decoupage...that's my favourite medium for doing upcycling. It works super fine for old furniture too. Paper and paint give you such freedom to experiment and create. It's not hard to manage. All you need is some of your favourite paint colors and some paper cut outs from old magazines & newspapers and loads of imagination!!
You might make a few mistakes, i do too. But decoupage is easily fixable. You can always redo the surface with more paper cut outs on top. Once you are done with the paint and paper, varnish till you can't feel the edges of the paper. And voila! you have yourself and band new, cheerful and shiny piece of furniture.






{For Picture Sources, Please See My Pinterest Board Upcycle-DIY-Crafts}
..................................................................................................................................
You can view my work and all the latest updates at
:: Pinterest :: Facebook :: Twitter
.................................................................................................................................. 

You Might Also Like

1 reactions

  1. Did you make all of those? How do the chairs hold up to everyday wear?

    ReplyDelete

Follow