Xerces Art :: Jewelry

Sunday, May 19, 2013


Have you been searching for some unique jewellery, terrariums, wedding favours and accessories? Or maybe hunting for a quirky air plant terrarium or zen garden to brighten up your wedding table or desk? We have a solution for you!
Meet Kitty, from Wirral, England, United Kingdom...she creates I create a wide range of steam-punk, geek and glass vial jewelry. You can buy her pieces from her Etsy store or see her latest updates at her facebook page. Read what she says about herself...


I've always been crafty - way back since I was a kid. My parents were forever cleaning me of glue and paper, and now I'm older and more mature, I have to clean the glue off myself.
I have a career in geology, and went to university for 3 years to get there, but in my spare time, I get to pursue my love and passions in jewelry and photography. One day, I dream my hobby might become full time, but I can dream, right?
My jewelry sometimes includes rocks, but my favored designs usually involve glass vials or steam-punk styles. I especially love putting little worlds inside glass vials to take with you wherever you go - including steam-punk in a bottle, dried flowers and even tiny live terrarium pendants- a truly eco piece of jewelery!
My fiancé often comments on the ridiculous size of my desk - he tells me it is like a small country that he keeps trying to invade with crisps and sweets. My desk is largely occupied by jewelery making items, but also my computer, as I'm something of a geek!
I love computers and computer components, and when any of my hardware takes a turn for the worst, I give it the best send-out I can by turning it into a piece of jewelery or an intriguing accessory.
My photography involves special effects make up, and I've taken from this work to make vampire or horror vials containing fake blood, so that people can get a piece my photography sets for themselves.
I take a lot of pride and passion in each piece of jewelery I make, and it is lovely to send them off to different parts of the world to be appreciated by others.







..................................................................................................................................
You can view my work and all the latest updates at
:: Pinterest :: Facebook :: Twitter
.................................................................................................................................. 

You Might Also Like

0 reactions

Follow