Fun With Decoupage!! :: New Idea With "The Times of India's 175 years" Print Edition

Sunday, May 26, 2013


I was really fascinated with the Times of India's print campaign of celebrating 175 years of news and reporting...the pictures and news clippings of various events that had happened over the time span of 175 years!! That's simply wow!!
But it also got me thinking...so many of these events happened way before my life time. I was reading about most if these for the first time in the newspaper. This was a big deal!!

I had to do something to preserve these images and prints...

So this is what i thought of...
I have a small wooden space in my living area, which holds my father-in-law's old HMV record player,  another old Philips radio set and various LP Vinyl record albums of hindi and punjabi music, and i call it "the music box". It was just too plain and boring for my taste, so i decided that it was time for an upgrade.

This is what i did...


Let me know if you want me to do a DIY tutorial for this...




..................................................................................................................................
You can view my work and all the latest updates at
:: Pinterest :: Facebook :: Twitter
.................................................................................................................................. 

You Might Also Like

8 reactions

  1. Wonderful work. Keep it up. Would love to know the medium you have used for the decoupage. i have been ever searching for an option for Mod Podge, which they show in some tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Neelu, Thank you for the kind words :)
      If you are in India then Fevicol can be a good substitute for Mod Podge. But it need to be diluted with water first in a ratio of 1:2. Also, once the surface is dried up, you will need to add 2-3 coats of varnish on top, for sealing.

      Delete
  2. Wow..nice way to preserve the newspaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really a nice way to preserve the newspaper articles...rather than storing in boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Reshma! :) Decoupage is fun and a very good way of upcycling old furniture in one's home. That "music box" has become a conversation starter in my living area now :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow