lesson number 2012


2012 for me would be a year about doing new things and never ever getting an easy way of doing them! This year has been about the vital lessons I learnt while doing so…
I am a very private person by nature. So, opening up my self and showcasing my work openly to the world out there, was the toughest thing I have ever done in my life. But I learnt that it’s ok to trust. People can be critical but nobody, NOBODY, can be harsher than myself about my work! :) All through this year I have met only kind, positive and friendly people. Come to think of it, I have met more new people in the last one year of life than I had in my life so far!
Like one of my favorite song goes, “Life has a funny way of sneaking up on you”…Life in the last one year has been unpredictable to say the least. Amazing projects and people have turned up to add some brilliant experiences to it.
Entrepreneurship, being on your own, requires a special kind of courage… Uncertainty is something that will stare in your face at every step of the way. Fear can be absolutely crippling, but the only way to make it go away is to face it…I know I’m sounding preachy but over the last one year my war cry has been, "Screw it. Let's do it!"
Trying something new opens up the possibility for you to enjoy something new. Trying something new keeps you from becoming bored. Trying something new forces you to grow.  
Life will give you second chances, even a third, a fourth or quite possibly a fifth too! So, I’ve learnt not to be afraid of making mistakes. Mistakes have been my biggest teachers. It’s all about retrying and finding new things to do everyday. And chances are that if you are doing something that you love, there will never be a dearth of things to do!!
But at the end I need to confess one of the biggest learning of 2012 for me…Taking care of myself. I’ve learnt this lesson the hard way…2012 wasn’t the best year health wise for me. My work also suffered because of bad health days, not to mention my personal life. So, no more excuses! I have promised myself to slow down and not try to finish up ‘that last thing on the list’. Also, eat more fruits and veggies, drink more water, get regular health checkups, and get proper sleep & rest. Invest in my health. It’s all about feeling good inside and out, and taking control of my health. 
If ever there's a time to dream, it's New Year's Day. After all, 365 pristine, currently untarnished days await, days not soiled with disappointment, regret, greed, stupidity or any of that other fine stuff. It's a new year.
Not to overuse the phrase, but hope springs eternal.




..................................................................................................................................
You can view my work and all the latest updates at
:: Pinterest :: Facebook :: Twitter
.................................................................................................................................. 

Design5 Studio

Exclusively Designed & Hand Painted Decoupaged Wooden Home Decor Accessories, Wooden Bags & Clutches, Handcrafted Fashion Jewellery and Hand-painted & Upcycled Furniture Pieces.When you buy a product directly from me, you can also get an opportunity of getting a unique customized, one of a kind product, made especially for you or your loved ones!! At Design5, i love doing customized decoupaged products and always happy to work on something new and exciting. please feel free to contact me with any enquiries or comments, or just to say hello. i'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Instagram