a toy story


You’d remember some or all of these from your childhood days. If you are a parent, then you might have bought a modern version of these for your own kids, especially the ‘mobiles’.
There are many different kinds of baby mobiles these days, dainty, cutesy-pie, stuffed and musical to name a few. But I get very nostalgic whenever I see a wooden mobile…I definitely get the most excited when I come across a toy or book I used to own that I haven't seen in years, then I kind of get a fun rose-tinted flashback to my childhood. 
Ah, nostalgia.
Why did they ever switch from wind up toys to batteries?






The process of making these wind mobiles brought back oodles of memories…It reminded me of my childhood days when most of my toys were wooden and handmade giving them that ‘exclusive’ tag. I always thought that they were custom made for me! In the times of the famous ‘Campa’ Cola, Ship matches, way before Maggie & Ipads were very futuristic, famous international toy brands did not exist to impose their will upon the parent and people decided for themselves.
I tried to infuse some of the charm of my childhood toys into these creations of handmade, upcycled and wooden animal shape wind mobiles. I love to see them dancing in the wind on my window. These are all made out of rejected or repurposed wood pieces. They have been styled by decoupage craft.

If you also love their inherent charm then hop on the nostalgia train. There's nothing like rediscovering a memory from your childhood.

Pictures 1, 2 and 3 via etsy. 



..................................................................................................................................
You can view my work and all the latest updates at
:: Pinterest :: Facebook :: Twitter
..................................................................................................................................

Design5 Studio

Exclusively Designed & Hand Painted Decoupaged Wooden Home Decor Accessories, Wooden Bags & Clutches, Handcrafted Fashion Jewellery and Hand-painted & Upcycled Furniture Pieces.When you buy a product directly from me, you can also get an opportunity of getting a unique customized, one of a kind product, made especially for you or your loved ones!! At Design5, i love doing customized decoupaged products and always happy to work on something new and exciting. please feel free to contact me with any enquiries or comments, or just to say hello. i'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Instagram