Anne Rakesh of HappyKnots



A mother's love turned into a business idea...HappyKnots is passion converted into fashion…a crocheting hobby turned into a dream project for Anne Rakesh. I met Anne via Facebook while searching for other moms turned entrepreneurs. She came across a very friendly person. That smile you see on her face in the pictures, i can feel it even when i chat with her online. 
Here are some of the interesting bits, out of the many conversations i've had a chance to have with Anne.
:: How did HappyKnots come about?  
The whole concept of crochet was new to me until my aunt Usha Kapoor taught me the elegant art of crocheting.  Eventually it became such an addiction, crocheting goodies for my newborn baby.  Pictures of my crochet accessories on Facebook fetched me quite a lot of orders during which time we christened the whole passion as HappyKnots.  I am a person who always wanted to be creative at my work, and I found this is what I want to do, which clearly defines our slogan "designed just for you.”  HappyKnots is now a passion and a dream project for me and my hubby Rakesh.
:: What do you think of when you make? 
Whenever I design something, I think that should be trendy and comfortable for the proud owner of that product. Moreover, it should bring a smile to the person when they own it.

:: What inspires you? 
When I complete each product, it is a constant challenge to beat myself in perfection. I take challenges as an inspiration.  Every word of appreciation from HappyKnots’ customers keeps me going.  Every smile on the faces of our customers, when they see our accessory side of the table, just makes me wanna make more and more creative products. Its an addiction in itself, unstoppable.

:: What is the process of making products with HappyKnots? 
We are extremely customer friendly even when it comes to placing order.  They can place an order by putting a note on our Facebook Page or via email.
:: Sustainable seems to mean many things to many people. What does it mean to you?
Setting up new trends & maintaining quality with each product as we promise is a clear definition for "sustainability" with HappyKnots. 
:: What does art and design mean to you? Describe its importance in your life. 
As far as HappyKnots is concerned, art is pure passion.  What lies within just reflects in our designs.
:: Is your work inspired by any incidents of your day-to-day life? 
A huge inspiration is my baby. It never stopped after that. I keep finding more and more opportunity to expand our creative arena. 
:: Your work is ‘quirky’ and plenty of fun too. What do you trust to tell you that you’re done with a project?
My hubby seems to be the best critic in that matter.  We analyze the finished products as to how one would react seeing that.
:: What are you working on currently?
Crocheted angrybirds have been the new launch from HappyKnots.
:: How do you balance motherhood and running a business?
To have an extremely supportive husband is a huge blessing.  I must say am blessed with such one.
:: What have you learnt along the way that you’d like to share?
Never give up.  Keep on dreaming and dreams do come true.


Here's to you Anne!!

..................................................................................................................................
You can view my work and all the latest updates at
:: Pinterest :: Facebook :: Twitter
.................................................................................................................................. 

Design5 Studio

Exclusively Designed & Hand Painted Decoupaged Wooden Home Decor Accessories, Wooden Bags & Clutches, Handcrafted Fashion Jewellery and Hand-painted & Upcycled Furniture Pieces.When you buy a product directly from me, you can also get an opportunity of getting a unique customized, one of a kind product, made especially for you or your loved ones!! At Design5, i love doing customized decoupaged products and always happy to work on something new and exciting. please feel free to contact me with any enquiries or comments, or just to say hello. i'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Instagram