friends of nature

Wednesday, June 27, 2012


Many people know this as a fact that I've been a Graphic Designer for almost 12 years now although not many know that I’ve been an écologique since childhood. I still remember my family members considered me crazy for switching off the room's lights etc., even if I had to step out for a single minute. My schoolmates thought I was eccentric for making birthday cards and envelopes for them out of old magazines and newspapers instead of buying the famous ‘branded’ ones. I even used to make my school notepads out of the leftover pages from the past year's textbooks.
During my college days also, I used to découpage my sketchbook covers with cutouts from old fashion magazines. My guilt quotient used to be very high while making my final submissions every year in Art College. Using so much paper to be used only once seemed like a crime to me. So, I used to collect them back from my teachers as soon as they were done with it and reuse them in some other 'idea' of mine.
The obsession has sustained. My daughter, all of five wonderful years, has observed and learnt the similar ideals so far. Whenever I hear her telling the maid not to throw the empty plastic bottles away because she wants to make 'something useful out of it", I feel so proud. :)
Off lately, I have been spending a lot of time on Facebook, and to my delight found several like-minded people who get the same guilt pangs for wasting something worth reusing. They are very creative, just like me :), and their work is exceptional too. Seeing their work has opened up a whole new way of seeing things for me.



So you can probably picture my anticipation & exhilaration when I found out that I am getting a chance to meet many of these people very soon. Now I’m just waiting for the virtual connection to morph into a real one on the next Sunday evening.


..................................................................................................................................
You can view my work and all the latest updates at
:: Pinterest :: Facebook :: Twitter
..................................................................................................................................

You Might Also Like

0 reactions

Follow